Parenting, is not a job for the faint hearted. Parenting in fact is possibly the most stressful job ever. What are some of the key things parents should keep in mind when working and managing their role as a parent? Here are the essential factors to keep in mind.
- Listen to your kids:- Listening is the key to all great communication, children especially need attention and the best way to show attention is to ask them questions that give them a sense that their views are important too.
- Schedule everything:- When it comes to time with kids very often the discipline that comes from structured hours is undeniable. We are creatures of habit and unless things that are expel our energy are factored in within the confines of time, it is impossible to make time with children count.
- Its about quality, not quantity :- This principle basically applies in all facets of life, more so when it comes to parenting. There is no “right” way to parent and there certainly is no “right” amount of time to spend with kids. Simply ensure that the time you do spend with children is full of fun and pleasure. there are creative ways to do this. Technology is a great tool to make this happen, however it can only assist
- Make Fun whenever possible- Fun is highly under rated, especially when it comes to kids these days. Kids need to have fun, they need to enjoy their childhood. Make it easier by incorporating as many fun elements to learning and experiences. They won’t stay this way forever, so make the most of it.
- Speak it out – Open communication is super important, especially with this generation and beyond. With the influence of tech and the constant social media fiasco, parents need to take the time to incorporate their edge by having time to speak it out. Set the rules, implement digital detoxes and curate spaces within the home which make it special, home movie night marathon, a fort made up of cushions, get creative. Most importantly they need to know that if they are in trouble, you will listen, without judgement.